    SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
    From
    On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Krzysztof Halasa <khc@pm.waw.pl> wrote:
    > 1. Do we agree that a lirc (-style) kernel-user interface is needed at
    >   least?
    >
    > 2. Is there any problem with lirc kernel-user interface?

    Can you consider sending the raw IR data as a new evdev message type
    instead of creating a new device protocol?
    evdev protects the messages in a transaction to stop incomplete
    messages from being read.

    You might also want to use evdev capabilities to describe what the
    hardware can do. These were the capabilities I had made up:

    #define IR_CAP_RECEIVE_BASEBAND 0
    #define IR_CAP_RECEIVE_36K 1
    #define IR_CAP_RECEIVE_38K 2
    #define IR_CAP_RECEIVE_40K 3