SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
From
On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Krzysztof Halasa <khc@pm.waw.pl> wrote:
> 1. Do we agree that a lirc (-style) kernel-user interface is needed at
>   least?
>
> 2. Is there any problem with lirc kernel-user interface?

Can you consider sending the raw IR data as a new evdev message type
instead of creating a new device protocol?
evdev protects the messages in a transaction to stop incomplete
messages from being read.

You might also want to use evdev capabilities to describe what the
hardware can do. These were the capabilities I had made up:

#define IR_CAP_RECEIVE_BASEBAND 0
#define IR_CAP_RECEIVE_36K 1
#define IR_CAP_RECEIVE_38K 2
#define IR_CAP_RECEIVE_40K 3