SubjectRe: XD/smartmedia - how to implement it right?

> The "mtd uses blocking calls" argument I can help
> with.  For some other
> project I've added non-blocking calls to mtd[1].
>
> Biggest problems I see are a) the userspace interface and
> b) allowing
> both raw flash access through MTD and block device access
> with an FTL.
>
> [1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2009-November/028065.html
>
> Jörn

I actually tried several approaches to this problem and I think, I have a good idea about how to create a fully asynchronous mtd driver, which can handle different device models. Unfortunately, I had other commitments so I couldn't advance my mtd stuff.

Recently I was going to go back to it, but then I was asked to implement some additional functionality in rapidio subsystem, which I'll have to take care of first.