    SubjectRe: XD/smartmedia - how to implement it right?
    > The "mtd uses blocking calls" argument I can help
    > with.  For some other
    > project I've added non-blocking calls to mtd[1].
    > Biggest problems I see are a) the userspace interface and
    > b) allowing
    > both raw flash access through MTD and block device access
    > with an FTL.
    > [1]
    > Jörn

    I actually tried several approaches to this problem and I think, I have a good idea about how to create a fully asynchronous mtd driver, which can handle different device models. Unfortunately, I had other commitments so I couldn't advance my mtd stuff.

    Recently I was going to go back to it, but then I was asked to implement some additional functionality in rapidio subsystem, which I'll have to take care of first.

      Last update: 2009-11-28 08:33    [W:0.035 / U:44.344 seconds]