SubjectRe: IR raw input is not sutable for input system
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 07:32:42PM -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:

> One thing that could be done, unless it has changed much since I wrote it
> 10+ years ago, is to take the mark/space protocol the ir device uses and sent
> that data to lircd via the input layer. It would be less efficient, but
> would avoid another kernel interface. Of course the input layer to lircd
> interface would be somewhat different than other input devices, so
> it's not entirely correct to say another interface is avoided.

No, it would still be completely new interface that just happened to use
input layer as transport. An ordinary program that would just want to
react to play. pause, forward, etc buttons would have no idea what to do
with the data so you'd still need a very specialized library to deal
with the data.

--
Dmitry

  Last update: 2009-11-26 06:45    [W:0.367 / U:0.312 seconds]