SubjectRe: [patch v2] x86: reduce srat verbosity in the kernel log
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> I'm waiting for Mike to test them (and other patches) and send a new
> series out with bits to pick up.

Mike posted his series today without including my patch, so I've replied
to it.

> But i really dont like such type of buffering - in the past they tended
> to be problematic.

I'm not sure that I'd call it buffering when iterating through all apic
id's and setting appropriate bits in a bitmap when they map to a node id.
It's apparently not been problematic either on my machines, Mike's
machines, or his merge with ACPI 4.0 code. I think the code is pretty
straight forward.

> Why print this info at all in the default bootup?
> It's not needed on a correctly functioning system.

We have no other export of the apic id to to node mappings in the kernel.
We already show each pxm's address range, each node's address range, and
the pxm to node map. The only other way to map apic ids to nodes is by
looking for the lines "CPU 0/0 -> Node 0," which I believe are being
removed.

  Last update: 2009-11-12 21:59    [W:0.096 / U:1.048 seconds]