SubjectRe: [RFC] new -stable tag variant, Git workflow question

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, James Bottomley wrote:

> So, now that you're showing an interest in all of this, how about I send
> you the final update hook to add to your tree? It will produce less
> latency than the cron job I run on kernel.org to pull your tree into one
> I have here ever twenty minutes or so and run the hooks.

Quite frankly, I'd much rather not run hooks on my tree directly. The less
that can possibly get screwed up with my kernel.org tree, the happier I
am. So in many ways, I really prefer the whole "done separately by others"
approach.

But hey, send the hook to me, and I'll think about it.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:2.069 / U:0.004 seconds]