SubjectRe: [linux-pm] intermittent suspend problem again
Date
On Wednesday 11 November 2009, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl> writes:

> >> Can't you perhaps suggest a way forward there? Or some tricks to create a
> >> reproducible test case here?
> >
> > Well, you can test if the problem is reproducible in the "shutdown" mode of
> > hibernation.
>
> Well, both failure modes happen with "shutdown" mode as well (the S|
> freeze with yesterday's git, too), but still not reproducibly. When
> s2disk is stuck in "Snapshotting system", the system is not completely
> dead, it echoes line feeds and Ctrl-C at least (as added to #14504).
>
> I wonder what you did if the issue was reproducible... Is that totally
> unapplicable if the problem happens with 10% probability only? Slow,
> sure, but until I manage to set up an automated testing bench...

I would try to identify the commit that made the problem appear using git
bisection. However, this is really difficult with problems that are not
reliably reproducible.

Failing that, I would add some instrumentation to the code to identify the
exact place where it hangs.

BTW, did you carry out the /sys/power/pm_test "core" test on the box?

Rafael

  Last update: 2009-11-11 12:39    [W:0.240 / U:0.252 seconds]