    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] percpu fixes for 2.6.32-rc6

    * Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > > I want the cleanup because I think that the code sucks from a "future
    > > proofing" and readability standpoint, but I really don't mind one way or
    > > the other whether you want to finally do that one "return 1" correctly for
    > > one commit, only to then fix it to not do that three-way test of a single
    > > function in the next one.
    > >
    > > So whatever works - as long as the end result both looks sane and doesn't
    > > have the bug we clearly have now.
    >
    > I was mostly worrying about introducing unrelated bug while changing.
    > Anyways, one patch it is. I'll route it through tip as suggested by
    > Ingo in a few hours.

    Btw., i'd suggest you keep it in your percpu tree as usual and send it
    to Linus directly - i offered testing for the cleanup patch (and can
    pull your patch for such a purpose), it doesnt 'have' to go via -tip.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2009-11-11 12:35    [W:4.312 / U:0.188 seconds]