    SubjectRe: system gets stuck in a lock during boot
    Steven Rostedt wrote:
    > On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 08:52 -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
    >> What I think is happening is while building
    >> sysvinit with the SELinux patch, sysvinit is looking
    >> in /lib for libselinux(but could be wrong) but libselinux is in
    >> /lib64.
    >> (here's my excuse as a newbie:)
    >> part of a pain when building an x86_64 multilib is building
    >> everything to point to lib64(pure64 with the soft link
    >> lib64 -> lib makes life so much easier).
    >> I'm going to look at that patch and see how it tells
    >> -lselinux -lsepol to find the libs.
    >> (if this is the case then I must admit I am a real
    >> newbie, and apologize for the confusion).
    > Justin,
    > Just being able to monkey around with the init code on top of SELinux
    > already qualifies you to be well beyond a newbie ;-)
    > -- Steve
    yep like I said I owe you guys an apology, for
    my mistake(thanks for taking the time).

    From what it looks like init was looking for libselinux
    in /lib instead of /lib64.
    after adjusting the Makefile and adding:
    LDFLAGS = -s -L/lib64 -lselinux -lsepol
    the system boots right up.
    (sh*t built everything to point to lib64(xserver and all).., and
    forgot the modify init.c to do the same).

    Justin P. Mattock

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-10-07 20:57    [W:0.023 / U:31.032 seconds]