SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Massive ext4 filesystem corruption after a failed s2disk/ram cycle
On Wed, 07 Oct 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > > Yes, a sync is there, but it is not effective on some filesystems.
> >
> > Which ones?
>
> XFS for one example.

Interesting. So XFS is not only a Bad Idea for /, but also for anything
that might enter S3/S4. Not nice. I sure hope it doesn't do a
half-assed job of flushing and checkpointing itself during machine
shutdown/restart like it apparently does when told to "sync" before
S3/S4...

Would you be so kind to disclose to us, the uninitated, which other
filesystems are unsafe when faced with a sleep/suspend request?

Henrique Holschuh

  Last update: 2009-10-07 03:35    [W:0.151 / U:0.184 seconds]