    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Massive ext4 filesystem corruption after a failed s2disk/ram cycle
    On Wed, 07 Oct 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    > > > Yes, a sync is there, but it is not effective on some filesystems.
    > >
    > > Which ones?
    >
    > XFS for one example.

    Interesting. So XFS is not only a Bad Idea for /, but also for anything
    that might enter S3/S4. Not nice. I sure hope it doesn't do a
    half-assed job of flushing and checkpointing itself during machine
    shutdown/restart like it apparently does when told to "sync" before
    S3/S4...

    Would you be so kind to disclose to us, the uninitated, which other
    filesystems are unsafe when faced with a sleep/suspend request?

    Henrique Holschuh

      Last update: 2009-10-07 03:35    [W:0.020 / U:0.880 seconds]