    SubjectRe: [this_cpu_xx V4 13/20] this_cpu_ops: page allocator conversion
    On Mon, 5 Oct 2009, Mel Gorman wrote:

    > > Right. WE need to move the local_irq_save() up two lines.
    >
    > Just so I'm 100% clear, IRQ disabling is considered a preemption point?

    Yes.

    > > Move disable interrupts before the this_cpu_ptr?
    > >

    > In this case, why not move this_cpu_ptr() down until its first use just
    > before the if (cold) check? It'll still be within the IRQ disabling but
    > without significantly increasing the amount of time the IRQ is disabled.

    Good idea. Ill put that into the next release.

    > > > If they are no longer used, do we get the memory back?
    > >
    > > No we need to keep them for onlining new processors.
    > >

    > That comment would appear to disagree.

    The comment is accurate for a processor. Once the pagesets are allocated
    for a processor then the boot pageset is no longer used.

      Last update: 2009-10-05 17:01    [W:0.026 / U:58.384 seconds]