    Subjectcomplete IO hang since a few kernel revision
    Hi everyone,

    (please Cc)

    kernel,, 2.6.31, 2.6.30 (at least)
    Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI

    I am experiencing IO stalls of real serious dimensions. I mean up to 20secs
    waiting for some operations.

    That normally happeny when I do a svn up on a big subversion repository,
    but even on other locations.

    Yesterday a simple sync took 30sec although I was not doing anything else.

    I am *quite* sure that it wasn't like that in former kernel revisions, but
    I don't have old ones at hand for testing.

    Is there something known about a regression in this area?

    Sorry for not Cc-ing the right people, didn't know who it could be.

    Thanks a lot for any help/remarks/suggestions

    Dr. Norbert Preining Associate Professor
    JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
    Vienna University of Technology
    Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)
    QUOYNESS (n.)
    The hatefulness of words like 'relionus' and 'easiephit'.
    --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-10-05 03:23    [W:0.040 / U:5.496 seconds]