    SubjectRe: i686 quirk for AMD Geode
    On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 04:12:47 +0200
    Matteo Croce <technoboy85@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I also did this simple test which gives a ~2.5x speed boost:
    > http://pastebin.ca/1590089

    the number that is exposed in /proc/cpuinfo does not control
    if cmov is used... so the patch and the benchmark are totally unrelated.

    Anything that needs to know if cmov can be used will need to read the
    flags line..

    (since technically cmov is also optional for generation 6 and later)

    While I can't say anything against your patch, I do need to say that it
    is something purely cosmetic on first sight...

    visit http://www.lesswatts.org

      Last update: 2009-10-03 20:11    [W:4.048 / U:0.096 seconds]