    SubjectRe: PANIC: early exception 08 rip 246:10 error ffffffff810251b5 cr2 0
    Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:07:34 PDT, "Justin P. Mattock" said:
    >

    >> The results are similar with the messages, except
    >> with the curly's the system will panic the same as above
    >> and not boot.
    >>

    > As I expected - I explained why already. And in fact, I intentionally did
    > that, so that the *last* one of those added messages before your panic
    > will output the info regarding the device that caused it (hacking around
    > the panic would mean that you'd get a whole bunch of messages and not have
    > an easy way to tell *which one* caused the now-bypassed issue...)
    >

    >> (So I guess it was good to forget the curly's
    >> to some extent).
    >>

    > So out of curiosity, what did the messages actually *SAY*? They should
    > be pointing at the device that's giving your system indigestion, so it's
    > useful to actually include the output (I didn't pull that printk format
    > string out of thin air.. ;)

    o.k. you should be able to view
    this:(let me know if you can't and I can
    manually write out, and in time find a public
    photo sharing suite to make things easier).

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44066293@N08/4050317695

    When this happens I see lots of messages from the print
    during boot, then this happens.

    Justin P. Mattock

      Last update: 2009-10-27 21:37    [W:0.022 / U:0.500 seconds]