SubjectRe: [RFC] to rebase or not to rebase on linux-next
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> Sure, but I'm not talking about changing the patch, I'm talking about a
> late "reviewed by" or "tested-by". These usually do come after a patch
> set has been moved into the final git push. It would be nice to flag a
> commit that it was tested by someone.

[...]
> My suggestion is to add an "annotation" commit that can tag another
> commit with something like a "tested-by". This way a tester can say,
> they tested this particular commit, and if someone changes it, the SHA1
> will no longer match. And then we can also have a record of what commit
> was tested by who, after the fact that it went into git.

There is a "git notes" feature from Johan Herland being carried in thepu
branch of the git repository. I strongly suggest to those who might
think this could be useful in this context to express their interest by
posting to git@vger.kernel.org. With a concrete need and usage scenario
(and offer to help at least with testing) this feature might become
usable sooner.

Nicolas

  Last update: 2009-10-27 18:21    [W:0.182 / U:0.052 seconds]