SubjectRe: RFC: Updating the LKML bug reporting/updating framework
Robert Bradbury wrote:
> Now, the LKML seems to to be a throwback almost to 1971 when the first
> email messages were sent between a couple of PDP-10s. It has patches
> that I have no interest in, discussions I have no interest in and were
> it not for Gmail's search function it would be generally useless (very
> high Noise-to-Signal ratio). Now maybe I do not understand the Linux
> development process. Maybe this is a "Wizard of Oz" case and there is
> a hidden bug reporting system hidden behind the curtain -- but in
> spite of my best efforts I cannot locate it.

You didn't read http://www.kernel.org/ ??

There is a nice section on the first page stating:

Reporting Linux Kernel bugs

Please see http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/reporting-bugs.html
if you want to report a Linux kernel bug. Bug reports sent to the
kernel.org administrators will be ignored.

There is now a bugzilla setup at bugzilla.kernel.org. Currently this is
for reporting kernel version 2.6 bugs only.

--
Thomas

  Last update: 2009-10-26 00:35    [W:0.493 / U:0.076 seconds]