    SubjectRe: 2.6.32-rc1-git2: Reported regressions from 2.6.31
    Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:
    > If you add one more entry say "Suspected commit :" then it will be great
    > and will solve regressions much faster.

    Will? Might.

    > You can request submitter to
    > submit 'suspected commit' by git bisect and also specify git bisect
    > links like : (for more information about git bisect check
    > http://kerneltrap.org/node/11753)

    I disagree. A reporter should only be asked to bisect (using git or
    other tools) /if/ a developer determined that bisection may speed up the
    debugging process or is the only remaining option to make progress with
    a bug.

    It would be wrong to steal a reporter's valuable time by asking for
    bisection before anybody familiar with the matter even had a first look
    at the report.

    Remember:
    - Not all bugs can be economically narrowed down by bisection.
    - Bisection requires skills, rigor, and time.
    - Alas there are considerable sections in our kernel history which
    are not bisectable.
    --
    Stefan Richter

      Last update: 2009-10-02 15:05    [W:3.225 / U:0.020 seconds]