    SubjectRe: [RFC Patch] use MTRR for write combining if PAT is not available
    >>> Thomas Schlichter <thomas.schlichter@web.de> 14.10.09 21:14 >>>
    >I added a function mtrr_add_unaligned() that tries to create as many MTRR
    >entries as necessary, beginning with the biggest regions. It does not check
    >the return values of each mtrr_add(), nor does it return the indexes of the
    >created MTRR entries. So it seems to be only useful with increment=false. Or
    >do you have a better idea?

    I don't have immediate thoughts on how to address this, but nevertheless
    I continue to think that the issue must be solved in some way, even more
    that now you may be leaking multiple MTRRs.

    Jan

      Last update: 2009-10-15 09:53    [W:0.020 / U:30.336 seconds]