    SubjectX hangs with blank screen on 2.6.32-rc4 / Intel 915GM

    Trying 2.6.32-rc4 on my Toshiba R200 laptop running Debian Squeeze leads
    to a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the top left when X starts.
    If startup in such a way that X isn't automatically started the console
    is fine, but starting X manually still leads to the hang. The machine
    seems unresponsive at this point - I can't switch to a normal console
    and the laptop fan comes on in a manner that suggests the CPU is
    chugging away. works fine.

    X versions are as per up-to-date Squeeze - Xorg 7.4 with Intel 2.9.0.

    I tried without VGA_ARB as that seemed to be the largest related change
    that might affect X but not the console, but it didn't make a

    dmesg from non X boot, Kernel config and lspci -vv output at:

    I don't really have time at present to get involved in a full bisect,
    but I can potentially try over the weekend if there's nothing more
    obvious to try first.

    "The actual chances of it blowing are about one" - Lister

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-10-16 02:57    [W:0.021 / U:26.932 seconds]