SubjectRe: Tips for module_init() dependencies
On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:13:30 -0400 Gregory Haskins wrote:

> Randy Dunlap wrote:

> >> Hi Daniel,
> >>
> >> Possibly.
> >>
> >> A) Any suggestions on how? Can I express this in Kconfig or something
> >> (i.e. "depends on FOO"). I currently have "select FOO" in the BAR
> >> object, but this doesn't seem to be sufficient to describe the relationship.
> >
> > Not in Kconfig, only in Makefile(s).
> > and please put #comments in them explaining the ordering requirements/needs.
>
> Hi Randy,
>
> Something like this?
>
> ----------
>
> # cat drivers/bar/Makefile
>
> bar.o: foo.o
> obj-$CONFIG_BAR += bar.o
>
> ----------
>
> ?

Just the order that they are listed in, either within one Makefile
or the order that a parent Makefile lists them, so:

obj-$CONFIG_FOO += foo.o
obj-$CONFIG_BAR += bar.o

That will fix the load/init ordering. You may also need to specify
build dependencies in Kconfig file(s).

---
~Randy

  Last update: 2009-10-15 18:29    [W:0.054 / U:0.056 seconds]