SubjectRe: Current status of rt2800usb and staging/rt2870
Date
On Wednesday 14 October 2009 18:47:11 John W. Linville wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 05:28:21PM +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
>
> > I don't have a have a problem with it personally as long as people accept
> > the competition.. but instead of working on _their_ projects they go around
> > screaming at everybody who does not want to spin inside the great process
> > designed by them..
>
> Please whine somewhere else. You have the freedom to work in
> drivers/staging all you want. You do not have the power to force us to
> like it -- especially in a case where you are diverting attention from
> the community-maintained drivers instead of cooperating with them.

Cooperating you say.

rtl8187 -- before starting the work on rtl8187se I've pinged the maintainer
to coordinate the effort and hear his opinion on how to progress..

I've never heard back.

rt2x00 -- I know that people have datasheets for some chipsets but I've
never heard "How can we help you" etc. thing.

All I've ever heard was _lies_ about current state of affairs or that
my work is in the way.

> Your insults, jeers, and general bad attitude is unlikely to change
> our mind about it...

Well, when faced with real facts and technical arguments some people
go into "you are a social problem" mode... nothing new here..

  Last update: 2009-10-14 19:53    [W:0.074 / U:0.416 seconds]