SubjectRe: Moving drivers into staging (was Re: [GIT PULL] SCSI fixes for 2.6.32-rc3)
On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:08:15AM -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@suse.de> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 05:42:44PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >> Hm, i think i even gave drivers/staging/ its name?
> >
> > Yes you did, and I appreciate it :)

> >> You are the only one who has the ability to send a warning shot towards
> >> drivers _without hurting users_, and by moving it into the focus of a
> >> team of cleanup oriented developers.
> >>
> >> I think that's an important distinction ;-)
> >
> > Good point.

> >> Sounds excellent to me!
> >
> > Great, I'll await the patches to move stuff to drivers/staging/ now.
> >
> > Wireless developers, warm up your editors :)
>
> OK -- prism54 seems like a good candidate, instead of removing it
> completely as I originally outlined on the feature removal schedule.
> Do we have a file to give notices to move drivers to staging because
> they are old as with the feature removal schedule? The more visible
> these things become the better it is for users.

We've found that the feature removal file is also ignored :)

How about when it was scheduled to be removed, we put it in staging and
I'll add it to my announcements about the staging tree every release?

Unless you can think of a better way?

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2009-10-14 06:55    [W:0.068 / U:0.148 seconds]