    SubjectRe: 2.6.32 regression (bisected): Video tearing/glitching with T400 laptops
    Thanks, should I apply this on top of your previous patch, or on a
    completely virgin 2.6.32-rc3 tree?

    I don't know if this helps, but the amount of tearing seems to be
    roughly proportional to how many "white" pixels are on the screen.
    There isn't much tearing if I just have my (brown) Ubuntu 9.04 default
    background image. There is a bit more tearing on the virtual desktop
    once I open an 80x52 black-on-white gnome-terminal window, so that 45%
    of my widescreen has white pixels due to the backgrouin of the
    gnome-terminal.

    On the virtual desktop where my firefox browser is opened, the
    tearing/glitching is much more frequent. And where the
    tearing/glitching is seems to be be roughly related to where the mouse
    cursor happens to be. (Usually starting at the horizontol row of
    pixels where the mouse is going down towards the bottom of the screen;
    although sometimes if the mouse is very close to the bottom of the
    screen, there is some tearing at the top of the screen as well.)

    Does this description help at all? Would a video clip of the
    tearing/glitching be useful?

    - Ted

      Last update: 2009-10-13 21:11    [W:0.022 / U:63.916 seconds]