    SubjectRe: Suspend to RAM on MSI PR200YA - do not recover, system immediately turns down
    Date
    On Monday 12 October 2009, Ondrej Hujnak wrote:
    > 2009/10/10 Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl>:
    > > On Saturday 10 October 2009, Ondrej Hujnak wrote:
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> I am trying to make work "Suspend to RAM".
    > >> My laptop is MSI PR200YA, linux
    > >> kernel 2.6.30.8-64.fc11.i586 (fedora 11, 32bit),
    > >> the same is with 2.6.31.1-56.fc12.i686.
    > >> Motherboard - MSI 1221, graphics:
    > >> Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller
    > >>
    > >> When I do suspend to RAM it seem to work ok, it sleeps.
    > >> But when I want to wake it, it only switches off (the power
    > >> LED stops blinking). If I'm having my notebook connected
    > >> to electricity, after start it don't start screen and keyboard.
    > >> Notebook is running, but there is no HDD activity according
    > >> to the LED indicator. When it is on battery, it normally starts,
    > >> as if I had switched it normally off. Every time after trying to
    > >> suspend it to RAM, on the next start I have
    > >> "last write to superblock in future".
    > >>
    > >> I tried:
    > >> - suspend from "single" mode
    > >> - suspend from "single" mode with as many modules as possible rmmod'ed
    > >> - using "nomodeset"
    > >> - early suspend-to-RAM at boot test with "test_suspend=mem"
    > >> All with the same result.
    > >>
    > >> I also tried using pm_trace, but this gave no useful results in dmesg
    > >> in the next boot. The clock was not changed by it (the documentation
    > >> said it would be).
    > >>
    > >> I have attached printout of "lspci -vv" and "dmesg" after switching
    > >> pm_trace on.
    > >>
    > >> I'd welcome any ideas how to debug this further.
    > >> I'm looking forward to your reply.
    > >
    > > Does the pm_test 'core' test work (please see
    > > Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt)?
    > >
    > > Rafael
    > >

    > Ok, i tried all kinds of pm_test including core several times
    > and everything seemed ok. I got no error, failure..
    >
    > And i tried all possibilities of /sys/power/disk under
    > "init=/bin/bash" and same result as above.

    That seems to indicate some kind of a BIOS issue. However, several suspend
    bugs are going to be fixes in 2.6.32, so perhaps you can try -rc6 or later,
    when they are out.

    Thanks,
    Rafael

      Last update: 2009-10-12 23:45    [W:0.024 / U:8.812 seconds]