    SubjectRe: Suspend to RAM on MSI PR200YA - do not recover, system immediately turns down
    From
    2009/10/10 Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl>:
    > On Saturday 10 October 2009, Ondrej Hujnak wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am trying to make work "Suspend to RAM".
    >> My laptop is MSI PR200YA, linux
    >> kernel 2.6.30.8-64.fc11.i586 (fedora 11, 32bit),
    >> the same is with 2.6.31.1-56.fc12.i686.
    >> Motherboard - MSI 1221, graphics:
    >> Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller
    >>
    >> When I do suspend to RAM it seem to work ok, it sleeps.
    >> But when I want to wake it, it only switches off (the power
    >> LED stops blinking).  If I'm having my notebook connected
    >> to electricity, after start it don't  start screen and keyboard.
    >> Notebook is running, but there is no HDD activity according
    >> to the LED indicator. When it is on battery, it normally starts,
    >> as if I had switched it normally off. Every time after trying to
    >> suspend it to RAM, on the next start I have
    >> "last write to superblock in future".
    >>
    >> I tried:
    >>  - suspend from "single" mode
    >>  - suspend from "single" mode with as many modules as possible rmmod'ed
    >>  - using "nomodeset"
    >>  - early suspend-to-RAM at boot test with "test_suspend=mem"
    >> All with the same result.
    >>
    >> I also tried using pm_trace, but this gave no useful results in dmesg
    >> in the next boot. The clock was not changed by it (the documentation
    >> said it would be).
    >>
    >> I have attached printout of "lspci -vv" and "dmesg" after switching
    >> pm_trace on.
    >>
    >> I'd welcome any ideas how to debug this further.
    >> I'm looking forward to your reply.
    >
    > Does the pm_test 'core' test work (please see
    > Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt)?
    >
    > Rafael

    Ok, i tried all kinds of pm_test including core several times
    and everything seemed ok. I got no error, failure..

    And i tried all possibilities of /sys/power/disk under
    "init=/bin/bash" and same result as above.

    Ondrej