    SubjectRe: system gets stuck in a lock during boot

    * Justin P. Mattock <justinmattock@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Steven Rostedt wrote:
    >> On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 11:45 -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
    >>

    >>> yep like I said I owe you guys an apology, for
    >>> my mistake(thanks for taking the time).
    >>>

    >> Well, thank you for reporting it. If nobody reports any problems, we
    >> just assume everything is OK, and as people curse us out and look for
    >> alternatives, we will be sipping our mai-tais in ignorant bliss.
    >>
    >> -- Steve
    >>

    > agree, my main concern when reporting is to make sure that it's a real
    > issue, and not a mistake like this one.

    Well, it can be really hard to filter out whether a problem is somehow
    self-inflicted or caused by the kernel proper - thus we generally prefer
    over-reporting over under-reporting.

    Even if it's self-inflicted it's useful on a meta level: if many people
    report it then we might end up adding more safety guards to disable a
    particular common pattern of shoot-foot-self incidents.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2009-10-12 12:29    [W:0.025 / U:33.392 seconds]