SubjectRe: [RFC] Privilege dropping security module
On Wed 2009-09-23 22:31:10, Andy Spencer wrote:
> > Hi Andy. Git is a wonderful tool, but if you want people to review
> > your work you need to post patches.
>
> Thanks for letting me know, I've posted a separate message with patch.
>

> > And what do you propose as an interesting use case for dpriv?
>
> I think the two most important things about dpriv is that it can be used
> by ordinary users and that is can create policies programmatically.
>
> Being able to use dpriv as a non root user is pretty strait forward. For
> example, a user of a multi-user system may want to try some untrusted
> code without risking access to the rest of the system:
>
> $ cd ~/my_project
> $ echo rxRX / > /sys/kernel/security/dpriv/stage
> $ echo X $HOME > /sys/kernel/security/dpriv/stage
> $ echo rwxRWX $HOME/my_project > /sys/kernel/security/dpriv/stage
> $ echo commit > /sys/kernel/security/dpriv/control
> $ patch < untrusted.patch
> $ make && ./src/some_exe

Yeah, and now your ~/.ssh/identity is being uploaded to remote server.

I believe people are already sandboxing apps with selinux...

...and subterfugue certainly does what you want, using
ptrace... no kernel mods needed and should already be secure.

Pavel

  Last update: 2009-10-01 09:41    [W:0.147 / U:0.184 seconds]