SubjectRe: BFS vs. mainline scheduler benchmarks and measurements
Date
Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 20:27 +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
>> Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>> > I'll have a look after the merge window madness. Multiple windows is
>> > also still an option I suppose even if i don't like it that much: we
>> > could support double-click on an app or "global" in the left list,
>> > making that pop a new window with the same content as the right pane
>> > for that app (or global) that updates at the same time as the rest.
>>
>> I have another request. If I select a specific application to watch (say
>> a mail client) but it is idle for a while and thus has no latencies, it
>> will get dropped from the list and thus my selection of it will be lost.
>>
>> It would be nice if in that case a selected application would stay
>> visible and selected, or maybe get reselected automatically when it
>> appears again.
>
> Hrm... I though I forced the selected app to remain ... or maybe I
> wanted to do that and failed :-) Ok. On the list. Please ping me next
> week if nothing happens.

As requested: ping?

And while I'm writing anyway, one more suggestion.
I find the fact that the buttons jump twice every 30 seconds (because of a
change in the timer between <10 and >=10 seconds) slightly annoying.
Any chance of making the position of the buttons fixed? One option could be
moving the timer to the left side of the bottom bar.

Cheers,
FJP

  Last update: 2009-10-01 11:39    [W:0.207 / U:0.556 seconds]