SubjectRe: 2.6.29 -mm merge plans
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Nick Piggin wrote:
> I don't know how stable fuse APIs are (ie. whether we'd just be handing the
> anchors to FUSE), but if it is very stable, then it would be nice to push a
> lot of them out of the kernel (although OTOH the old ones tend not to have
> complex interactions with mm or block layer).

Fuse APIs are very stable, so pushing old filesystems out to userspace
makes sense. Porting them, however, is not entirely trivial. Amit
Singh (of MacFUSE) got minix, ufs and sysvfs to work on OSX using only
lightly modified linux source code. That framework could probably be
used to port other filesystems to userspace.

Miklos

  Last update: 2009-01-08 09:41    [W:0.103 / U:0.404 seconds]