    From: Sam Ravnborg <>
    Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:34:42 +0100

    > But I never managed to really understand what the btfixup thing is all
    > about and has then been sidetracked by funnier stuff.

    It's recording relocations that get fixed up at boot time.

    The way it works is that each btfixup emits a reference to a symbol
    that will be unresolved.

    The btfixup tool under arch/sparc/boot/ scans the unlinked kernel
    image, generates dummy symbol definitions into a foo.s file so that
    the kernel can be linked, and builds the btfixup tables so the kernel
    can patch up these relocations at boot time.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-06 19:43    [W:0.020 / U:19.096 seconds]