SubjectRe: XFS internal error xfs_da_do_buf(1) at line 2015 of file fs/xfs/xfs_da_btree.c
> This is a typical result of a power loss scenario with write caches
> enabled and without barriers. Given that md can't pass through barriers
> did you disable the write caches on your disk?

No, I didn't realise I had to do that...in fact I didn't even realise SATA
disks *had* write caches, I thought the cache was for reading only...

> Run xfs_repair over it to fix up the directory, and make sure to
> configure your disks properly so that it doesn't happen again..

Will do, thanks for the advice! Is there any standard way to disable write
caching on a SATA disk? hdparm -W seems to do the trick, but then I can't run
that until the system is up and running, leaving a small window of opportunity
for something to go wrong.

Thanks again,
Adam.

  Last update: 2009-01-04 10:05    [W:0.044 / U:1.592 seconds]