    SubjectRe: What should PCI core do during suspend-resume? (was: Re: 2.6.29-rc3: tg3 dead after resume)

    On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    > All this leads to the conclusion that we should put devices into low power
    > states with interrupts off and this seems to imply that we'll need to make the
    > AML interpreter allow us to run AML with interrupts off.

    How many devices actually have the _PS3 method (or whatever it is that we
    end up executing)? We might be able to simply flag it, and say "ok, if we
    have a _PS3 method, we'll have to suspend early, otherwise we can leave it
    for a late suspend".

    Definitely not perfect, but perhaps a way to get the safe thing on 99% of
    all cases, and have to live with the horrid ACPI rules on some things.

    I thought the _DSW thing is common for setting up wakeup, but _PSx is not.
    But I have not looked at many ACPI tables in my life. I try to active
    avoid it if I at all humanly can.

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-02-01 02:09    [W:4.119 / U:0.320 seconds]