SubjectRe: 2.6.29-rc3: tg3 dead after resume

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> If you can try the patch I just sent out, and use that as a base for
> trying to track down why the heck the legacy code doesn't work, that would
> be great. It might fix it (assuming my guess about "restore_state while in
> PCI_D3 doesn't work" was correct), but quite frankly, it's equally
> possible that it just makes things worse. But it would be really
> interesting to hear..

Sure - will do.

> Your machine does seem to be interesting, in that not only does it have a
> PCI-E bridge in it (the eeepc I was playing around with at LCA does not),
> but judging by the lost config state I also suspect that it actually loses
> power during STR.

Not sure what the significance of eeepc is in this case - mine being a
standard Intel 5400 chipset I would have thought that's the last
place to look for interesting things!

> Which is not at all necessarily a given - I suspect it depends on just how
> the power rails are set up on the motherboard. The fact that PCI-E bridges
> have apparently worked for others implies that your problems don't happen
> for everybody, and may relate to that issue.

Do we know this for sure that PCI-E bridges + Suspend have worked for
others - In this thread at least I think people reported tg3 worked but not
necessarily with a PCI-E bridge.

Parag

  Last update: 2009-01-31 03:43    [W:0.077 / U:0.532 seconds]