Subjectepoll optimizations
Something I tripped over recently, that might be nice to change... HANGUP
events are always reported, and apparently can't be turned off. In
level-triggered mode, if your event loop treats Hangups as lower priority than
read/write events, an outstanding Hangup will continue to be signaled every
time you call epoll_wait() until it's finally disposed of. It would be nice if
Hangups were always oneshot events, regardless of whether the FD was
configured level, edge, or oneshot. Certainly we know that the *cause* of a
Hangup can only happen once on any descriptor, so it makes no sense for it to
be reported more than once.

--
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com

  Last update: 2009-01-29 16:47    [W:0.074 / U:0.352 seconds]