SubjectRe: HP accelerometer driver: testers wanted
Date
Hi Pavel,

Pavel Machek wrote:
> It is in latest -mm. Enable CONFIG_SENSORS_LIS3LV02D,
> recompile/reboot. Documentation is in Documentation/hwmon/lis3lv02d
> and Documentation/hwmon/hpfall.c is standalone binary that should park
> your disk (and light a led) as soon as freefall is detected.

My HP 2510p notebook has the device. By chance I activated the driver with
my last few builds and at least the input device works perfectly with
the -rc2 kernel (tested with jstest and Tux Racer).

What are the differences relative to -rc2? Looks like it adds the freefall
device?

Could you please give some additional info what exactly you want tested,
how to test it, and how safe it is to do the test?

I'd be willing to test, but not if to do so I'd have to throw the notebook
out of the window... Or even if there is the slightest risk of somehow
damaging the hard disk.

Cheers,
FJP

  Last update: 2009-01-22 23:05    [W:0.122 / U:0.832 seconds]