lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2009]   [Jan]   [20]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
    /
    Date
    From
    Subjectlockdep and debug objects together are broken?
    Hi,

    I've had a problem frustrating my testing because lockdep was silently turning
    itself off... I patched out the code to disable lockdep after the first error,
    and it started showing up weird errors. kernel/fork.c:990 seemed to be the
    first to trigger (hard irqs disabled) from a call_usermodehelper call. Later,
    migration thread was reported to try to unlock rq->lock although it was
    holding no locks. Then init was reported to return to userspace without
    releasing an objectdebug hash lock.

    All that went away and everything seemed to work properly with debug objects
    configured out.

    I didn't get too far in trying to debug the problem. But it should be easy
    enough to reproduce (if not, I can post traces or test patches).

    Thanks,
    Nick


    \
     
     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-20 09:59    [W:0.018 / U:34.156 seconds]
    ©2003-2016 Jasper Spaans. hosted at Digital OceanAdvertise on this site