SubjectRe: [why oom_adj does not work] Re: Linux killed Kenny, bastard!
On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 01:37:09PM +0100, Bodo Eggert (7eggert@gmx.de) wrote:
> How many different CGI handlers are you going to have?

CGIs are usually limited, application server is not.

> And how does kill-kenny scale with the number of users on the system?
> I want my browser not to be killed, while the other user wants his
> gimp not to be killed. As you can see, it does not even scale for
> the most simple multi-user system.

It is not about who should not be killed, but who should _be_ in the
first raw.

> > No, admin will limit/forbid the connection from the DoSing clients,
> > server must always live to handle proper users.
>
> If there is no memory, the admin can't even log in.

Admin can observe the situation via kvm or sometimes netconsole and
tune the system for the next run.

--
Evgeniy Polyakov

  Last update: 2009-01-18 14:15    [W:0.088 / U:0.920 seconds]