SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] adaptive spinning mutexes
> So I don't dispute at all that "mutex with spinning" performs better than
> a mutex, but I _do_ claim that it has some potentially huge downsides
> compared to a real spinlock. It may perform as well as a spinlock in the
> nice common case, but then when you hit the non-common case you see the
> difference between well-written code and badly written code.

Make it mount-point dependant. Then your mail-spool can use the spinlock
version and e.g. the /usr filesystem uses regular mutexes. Might be
tricky to implement I guess.

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail cok yonlu kullanimli bir program, loglari okumak, verilen
kommandolari yerine getirebilen. Filter, renk verme, merge, 'diff-

  Last update: 2009-01-16 15:11    [W:0.103 / U:2.820 seconds]