SubjectRe: 2.6.28 has unconfigurable group sched?
Peter Zijlstra wrote:
>> So it seems rt_schedulable() is never succeeding. Any ideas?
>
> Yeah, I should test this user grouping stuff more often :/
>
> The below fixes it for me.
> ---
> Subject: sched: fix bandwidth validation for UID grouping
>
> For UID grouping we initialize the root group with infinite bandwidth
> which by default is actually more than the global limit, therefore the
> bandwidth check always fails.
>
> Because the root group is a phantom group (for UID grouping) we cannot
> runtime adjust it, therefore we let it reflect the global bandwidth
> settings.

Thanks. Sadly, this doesn't seem to change anything for me. I applied
it to 2.6.28, rebuilt and reinstalled, and got the same result. I did a
clean rebuild to be sure; and got the same behavior again.

Please let me know if there are any additional diagnostics I can provide.

Mark

  Last update: 2009-01-14 15:53    [W:1.598 / U:0.060 seconds]