SubjectRe: lowmemory android driver not needed?
> > Alan, does this sound like it should remain in the tree?
>
> Maybe our oom killer should get a new tunable, telling it how
> aggressive it should be, instead?

I was thinking that, and it would integrate better with the OLPC work
(which IMHO is a nicer interface for some stuff)

You'd want two thresholds

The 'arghhhh....' point where you start killing stuff
The 'uh oh...' point where an OLPC style low memory notifier kicks in

(OLPC's model is a handle you can select/poll for 'memory getting low' so
apps can respond to pressure by doing stuff like dumping caches)

The rest ought to follow naturally IFF you can find a clean efficient way
to measure that pressure and quantify it as a number. Our default would
be like now, the Android default might be to trigger earlier..

  Last update: 2009-01-14 11:51    [W:0.320 / U:0.352 seconds]