    SubjectRe: [patch] measurements, numbers about CONFIG_OPTIMIZE_INLINING=y impact
    On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 14:52:33 -0500
    Theodore Tso <> wrote:

    > does this, so the code is mostly written; but it does
    > this in a blinded fashion, so it only makes sense for oops which are
    > very common and for which we don't need to ask the user, "so what were
    > you doing at the time". In cases where the user has already stepped
    > up and reported the oops on a mailing list, it would be nice if
    > had a way of decoding the oops via some web page.
    > Arjan, would something like this be doable, hopefully without too much
    > effort?

    thinking about this.. making a "pastebin" like thing for oopses is
    relatively trivial for me; all the building blocks I have already.

    The hard part is getting the vmlinux files in place. Right now I do
    this manually for popular released kernels.. if the fedora/suse guys
    would help to at least have the vmlinux for their released updates
    easily available that would be a huge help.... without that it's going
    to suck.

      Last update: 2009-01-10 06:31    [W:0.021 / U:9.224 seconds]