SubjectRe: amd5536udc interrupts bug
Vadim Lobanov schrieb:
> On Friday 09 January 2009 03:41:21 Thomas Dahlmann wrote:
>
>> Vadim Lobanov schrieb:
>>
>>> Alas, the hardware doesn't work. When I try plugging in the other end of
>>> the USB cable, absolutely nothing happens. Not even an interrupt:
>>> /proc/interrupts for the amd5536udc line stays at zero. Any thoughts on
>>> possible ways to tackle this / what could be going wrong / etc?
>>>

> Just realized that I forgot to mention that I do also have g_zero sitting on
> top of amd5536udc, so there should at least be a dummy USB device to
> enumerate.

Right, g_zero should enumerate. It also provides data sink/source and
loopback functionality.
If you want to test data traffic then g_file_storage would be a good
choice as it behaves as a mass storage
device.

Example:
dd bs=1M count=64 if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/image_file
modrobe g_file_storage file=/tmp/image_file
(create partition and file system from host side)

>> Is there any output in the kernel messages on the host side complaining
>> about that device is
>> not answering? If not than USB device port is probably not connected to
>> UDC PHY. Please
>> check in BIOS setup that port 4 is assigned to UDC.
>>

> Nope, nothing at all shows up in the logs or the interrupt counts when the
> cable is plugged, neither for the host drivers nor the device drivers. (The
> quickest test I have is to hook the device up to itself - one A port and one B
> port.)
>
> The BIOS is configured "correctly" if the manuals are to be trusted. Here are
> the relevant settings
> OHCI: Enabled
> EHCI: Enabled
> UDC: Enabled
> UOC: Disabled
> Overcurrent reporting: Disabled
> Port 4 assignment: Device

UOC has to be enabled. This controller switches the UDC PHY to port 4
and owns the mentioned
PAD_EN and APU bits. These bits live in the memory mapped register space
of UOC. I use a
company intern tools to look at memory spaces of PCI devices. Lets
forget these bits so far as I am
pretty sure that enabling UOC fixes the problem.

Thomas

  Last update: 2009-01-10 21:31    [W:0.309 / U:0.080 seconds]