SubjectRe: [git pull] x86 fixes
On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:22:24 -0700
"H. Peter Anvin" <> wrote:

> The "ideal" way to do any of this would probably to have checkboxes
> for all the CPUs you want to support and then a drop-down box for the
> CPU to optimize for. However, the combinatorics of that would be
> horrible, and it would be very unlikely we would avoid bugs.

the ideal case would be "support them all"

the second-most ideal case would be "support all as of <year>" I suppose

a third one for advanced users not distros would be "support only
<vendor>" since that would be the biggest part of code to drop

between models of the same vendor.. not too much to win there.

If you want to reach me at my work email, use