SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Guilt v0.31
On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 08:33:23PM +0200, Bert Wesarg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 15:52, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@josefsipek.net> wrote:
> > Guilt v0.31 is available for download.
>
> Is it possible to include pre-generated docs in the tarballs?
>
> I downloaded one and run 'make doc' and get these messages:
>
> fatal: Not a git repository
>
> which looks like it comes from this line in Documentation/Makefile:
>
> VERSION=$(shell git describe)
>
> Its not critical, but looks awkward.

1) I already commit generated man pages for each release - on the man branch
(there's also html branch with the html-formated man pages).

2) I'm aware of the git error you saw, and it is on my todo list

3) I just checked the git tarballs, and they don't include man pages either.
Should I include the manpages in the source tarball, or should I just
create another tarball with the manpages? (The git error will get fixed
regardless - that's the only invocation of git during the manpage build
process, and it's there only to get a nice looking version number to
include in the manpages.)

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek.

--
Bad pun of the week: The formula 1 control computer suffered from a race
condition

  Last update: 2008-09-08 20:45    [W:0.086 / U:5.604 seconds]