SubjectRe: [Bug #11342] Linux 2.6.27-rc3: kernel BUG at mm/vmalloc.c - bisected
Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Mike Travis <travis@sgi.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rusty,
>>
>> I've gotten some good traction on the changes in the following patch.
>> About 30% of the kernel is compiling right now and I'm picking up
>> errors and warnings as I'm going along. I think it's doing most of
>> what we need. Attempting to hide the cpumask struct definition caused
>> all kinds of problems with the inline functions and statically
>> declaring cpumask's.
>>
>> (The following patch is a combination of all the changes to cpumask.h
>> with the header from the first patch. I'll send you a complete copy
>> in separate email.)
>
> could you please send whatever .c changes you have already, so that we
> can have a look at how the end result will look like? Doesnt have to
> build, i'm just curious about how it looks like in practice,
> semantically.
>
> Ingo

I will, and the full "allyesconfig" does compile. And it's basically a
benign change in that the functionality is still the same. I'm currently
reordering it a bit to clean it up.

Thanks,
Mike

  Last update: 2008-09-29 16:35    [W:0.420 / U:0.240 seconds]