    SubjectRe: Release of Atheros 802.11abg HAL under the ISC
    John W. Linville wrote:
    > On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 02:57:01PM -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
    >> As part of our commitment to help support all of our Atheros devices
    >> under Linux we'd like to announce the release of our Atheros HAL for
    >> our 802.11abg chipsets under the ISC license.
    >> You can find it here:
    >> This can be used as a source of documentation to help ath5k move
    >> forward to support our 802.11abg chipsets as best as possible in
    >> the Linux kernel. We look forward to keep working strongly with the
    >> community on advancing support of all our Atheros chipsets under Linux.
    > Awesome...simply, awesome!
    > I hereby nominate Atheros for this year's "Most Improved Open Source
    > Corporate Citizen" award! :-)
    > Great job, Luis!
    > John

    Luis _has_ done a great job. Having dealt with Atheros in another life,
    I can appreciate the mountains he's moved.

    I would also offer my appreciation to those unnamed, enlightened
    individuals within Atheros that made this possible. Nothing would please
    me more then to be able to drop the madwifi HAL in favor of full support
    from ath5k.

    Tim Gardner

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-09-27 17:37    [W:0.020 / U:47.780 seconds]