    SubjectRe: SMACK netfilter smacklabel socket match
    Am 25.09.2008 um 21:57 schrieb Paul Moore:
    >> What i do with this match is just setting some CONNMARK and
    >> respectively FWMARKS to make crazy routing rules for different kinds
    >> (marked processes)
    >> of my outgoing traffic based on them.
    > I think I understand you goal now, essentially you want to route
    > traffic
    > based on the security label of the sender, yes? There was some brief
    > talk about this at the SELinux Developer's Summit this year at OLS.
    > Unfortunately, it was just a casual conversation and I haven't seen
    > any
    > patches since then implementing security label based routing.

    Wow, now it strikes me that i was running around blind all the time.
    SECMARK is a target not a match.
    I always thought i would implementing much the same thing.

    I guess there would be in fact currently not way to set a MARK or
    based on a SECMARK. Most of the *MARK targets have a --restore-mark
    to restore a mark into the packet mark.
    But since the SECMARK is not numeric/bitmask there is nothing to
    They however can do the same in regard do CONNSECMARK and SECMARK
    but which would not help in this case.
    A secmark netfilter _match_ could do the trick here.

    Well here is how i did this, maybe something like this is the way to
    go for
    SELinux (or LSM in general) too.

    I'm surprised that i have not realized this little detail before. :-/

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-09-25 22:35    [W:0.032 / U:15.164 seconds]