    SubjectRe: Warning/Oops report of the week of September 16th, 2008

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
    > If no other solution is found soon, would a patch to just skip the sysctl
    > table check for this particular case be acceptable?

    Well, it would be even _more_ acceptable to have a new Kconfig option that
    just disables the insane parport registrations.

    Them you could turn off the /proc files, and if it turns out you don't
    have anything that uses it, you can avoid the warning by actually having a
    smaller kernel with less crap, rather than adding more crap to hide the
    crap. Wouldn't that be nicer?

    It would have to be a Kconfig option since we don't _know_ that it's not
    used by anything..

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-09-25 01:21    [W:0.021 / U:5.792 seconds]