SubjectRe: Mark IPW2100 as BROKEN: Fatal interrupt. Scheduling firmware restart.
Hi Evgeniy,

> > > That allows to dump whatever number of warnings you want. The more we
> > > have, the louder will be customers scream.
> >
> > artificially increasing numbers isn't going to do that; it just shows
> > you're more interested in making a stink than in getting something
> > improved ;(
>
> As practice shows, I'm the only one who is interested in getting
> something improved, and Intel, as we see right now, is not interested in
> it at all, since you ask me not only decrease error verbosity, but also
> do not work towards fixing the bug by trying to understand where it
> lives.

as Arjan and Alan pointed out already, WARN_ON_ONCE is enough and I
agree with them. Just to make this perfectly clear, this is with my
community hat on.

Please send a proper patch with a simple WARN_ON_ONCE and I am happy to
sign off on it.

Regards

Marcel

  Last update: 2008-09-22 01:29    [W:1.123 / U:23.888 seconds]