SubjectRe: [patch 00/03] USB-IP patches
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:50:08PM -0600, Brian G. Merrell wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 04:00:16PM -0700, wrote:
> > Here's 3 patches that adds USB-IP functionality code to the kernel tree.
> >
> > It is against 2.6.27-rc4, and has been added to the -staging tree. If
> > there are no major objections, I'll also queue it up in the usb tree for
> > submission into 2.6.28.
> >
> > The code is based on Takahiro's great work that has been sitting outside
> > of the kernel for many many years now. Brian Merrell took the most
> > recent version of the code, cleaned it up and sent it to me. I did more
> > cleanup and split the patch into 3 pieces, making it a bit easier to
> > work with.
> >
> > There are still a number of warnings/errors emitted, and
> > Brian said he would work on them in the upcoming weeks, but they don't
> > distract from the basic functionality and a good review would be nice to
> > have.
> I will indeed continue to work on getting rid of the
> warnings/errors during the upcoming weeks. I already eliminated the
> ones I could figure out without too much effort; I am sure the
> remaining ones are trivial to many of you out there, so I welcome
> any suggestions.

The kthread one looks like you will have to change a bit of the code,
all of the other remaining ones should be self-explanatory. If not,
please let us know and we'll be glad to help out.

Can you also work to address all of the review comments made on the code
so far as well? I don't know how much time you have to work on this,
but for now I'll let you send me changes and not do anything on the code
myself. Sound good?

greg k-h

 \ /
  Last update: 2008-09-02 19:19    [W:0.101 / U:4.060 seconds]