    SubjectRe: diet-kconfig: a script to trim unneeded kconfigs
    Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
    > Hi Takashi,
    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 01:55:26 +0200
    > Takashi Iwai <> wrote:

    >> The script is VERY hackish. I should have begun with perl or whatever
    >> better script language, but I chose bash and co. So, don't expect
    >> much code quality. I'm no script guy after all :)
    > Using just a shellscript and binutils seems to be better than using other
    > tools, since it allows the usage on minimal configured systems where the user
    > might not have perl or other scripting languages.

    But very slow, complex and not enough powerful:
    The tools should have extensive knowledge about Kconfig,
    and the CONFIG_ dependencies; it should handle a lot of
    structures (text/binary; line/record oriented; etc.), which
    it is not easy in shell (awk, od, sed with extended regexp are
    not core utilities).

    So my suggestion is: do it in a high level language, to find and
    stabilize the design, and then integrate it in kconfig later (using

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-09-18 17:47    [W:0.021 / U:176.988 seconds]